Our thickness measurement testing method for the past several years has been by X-ray Fluorescence.
Our latest investment to ensure product quality is the FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDL®-B
Typical applications are:
- Single coatings of Zn, Ni,Cr, Cu, Ag, Au, Sn etc.
- Binary alloy coatings such as SnPb, ZnNi and NiP on Fe.
- Ternary alloy coatings such as AuCdCu on Ni.
- Double coatings such as Au/Ni on Cu, Cr/Ni on Cu, Au/Ag on Ni, Sn/Cu on brass, etc.
- Multiple coatings with up to 24 layers (with WinFTM® V.6 only).
- Metallurgical alloys with up to 4 (or 24 – with V.6) constituent elements.
Below is the photo of the XDL – B Xray Thickness Coating Measurement System used at London & Brighton Plating, manufactured by Fischer Instrumentation UK